Meeting date: June 9 – 6:30PM
- Ethan Marcotte will discuss responsive design and how to do more with less
- Tuesday, June 9, 2015 at 6:30pm
- IBM Research Cambridge, 1 Rogers St, Cambridge, MA 02142
- Please register. It helps us and our hosts plan.
As screens and input types evolve, we’re managing more complexity in our designs than ever before: our layouts are becoming more flexible and responsive; our interfaces, more immersive. Maybe we can look for simpler approaches? In this session, Ethan—a singularly lazy person—will walk through some responsive designs, and show how we might do a lot more with a little bit less.
Ethan Marcotte is an independent designer and author, based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He coined the term “responsive web design” to describe a new way of designing for the ever-changing Web. His popular book on the topic has been widely praised, as it demonstrates how designers and organizations can leverage the Web’s flexibility to design across mobile, tablet, and desktop—and whatever might come next.
Over the years, Ethan has been a featured speaker at many conferences, including An Event Apart, SXSW Interactive, and Webstock. His clientele has included New York Magazine, the Sundance Film Festival, The Boston Globe, and People Magazine. He also cofounded Editorially, a collaborative writing platform.
- 6:30 – 7:00 Networking over pizza and beverages
- 7:00 – 8:30 Meeting
- 8:30 – 9:00 CHI Dessert and more networking!
Vitamin T is sponsoring dessert