BostonCHI is a non-profit, volunteer-only association of professionals from the New England area in the field of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI or alternatively CHI). We are a chapter of the Association of Computing Machinery (ACM) special-interest group for HCI. Our members represent HCI’s diverse interests: graphic arts, documentation, usability, psychology, user interface design, human factors, industrial design, ergonomics, computer science, training, education, and many others.
What We Do
The ACM’s Special Interest Group on Computer-Human Interaction (SIGCHI) is a forum for the study of human-computer interaction (HCI) and includes research and development efforts leading to the design and evaluation of user interfaces. The focus of SIGCHI is on how people communicate and interact with computer systems. SIGCHI serves as a forum for the exchange of ideas among computer scientists, human factor scientists, psychologists, social scientists, systems designers and end users. For more information about ACM, see below.
BostonCHI is the Boston area chapter of SIGCHI. Our members, from throughout New England, share ideas and experiences on the rapidly growing and changing area of how computers and people interact.
We have monthly gatherings in the metro Boston area, which are open to both members and non-members at no charge. In addition, members receive a monthly e-mail newsletter. If you’re not yet a member, we encourage you to become one!
Additionally, we’re always looking for good speakers. If you would like to be considered or if you have someone to recommend, please make a referral.
As a virtual volunteer organization we have no employees, office locations or phone numbers.
For questions or other matters, please email the most appropriate or relevant Steering Committee member from the list in the next section below.
BostonCHI Steering Committee
- Chair: Todd Chapin – email@example.com
- Vice Chair: Wendy Lucas – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Michelle Leger – email@example.com
- Membership: Priyama Baru– firstname.lastname@example.org
- Speakers & Programs: Elizabeth Hinkelman – email@example.com
- Publicity: Todd Chapin – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web Master & other digital bits: Todd Chapin – email@example.com
- Video Production: David Adler – firstname.lastname@example.org
- HotJobs Coordinator: Melanie St James – hotjobs@BostonCHI.org
- Academic Liaison: Haijing Hao – email@example.com
- Social Media: Aditya Ponnada – firstname.lastname@example.org
- At-large Members: Evo Ivanov, Rachel Kern, Joe Sniezek
The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) is an educational and scientific society of the computing community, and is dedicated to the development of information processing as a discipline, and to the responsible use of computers in an increasing diversity of applications. Through its publications, special interest groups, chapters, and committee activities, ACM promotes and provides for the dissemination of technical and non-technical computing information to its members and the public. The address is: ACM, 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036. Their website is http://acm.org.