Thanks for the great year. A big thanks to Rachel, Carl, and the rest of the Steering Committee for the great work this past year.
The Surprising Results! There were no write in candidates, so the winners are:
Chair: Rachel Kern
Vice-chair: Todd Chapin
Treasurer: Michelle Leger
A Summary of the Past Year
Thank you to everyone who supported us throughout the year. At the end of this season, we have 175 members. Thank you to those of you who joined or renewed your memberships this year. If you’re interested in becoming a BostonCHI member, it’s quick and cheap. Join here.
- We had 10 meetings w/ 10 great speakers: Alla Zoller; Barton Fiske; Jeff Leblanc; Demetrios Karis; Jared Spool; Adrian Mendoza; Michael Muller; Nancy Allison, Eva Kaniasty, & Chris LaRoche;Jim O’Neill; & Hiroshi Ishii. Thank you to everyone.
- We had a great Boston Interactions Winter Party
- There were about 850 attendees across all of the meetings and the Winter Party
- We ate ~1600 slices of pizza
- A big thanks to our sponsors:
- Venue & food: Constant Contact, IBM, Nokia HERE, Google, Fresh Tilled Soil, EnerNOC, & Mad*Pow
- CHI Desserts: Vitamin T, Mad*Pow, & ICS
If you’d like to sponsor BostonCHI, whether by hosting us, providing food and/or dessert, or something else of your own devising, please let us know.
Boston Interactions Summer Picnic
Please look for an upcoming announcement about the Boston Interactions Summer Picnic. This year it’ll be the week of July 14 in Danahey Park in Cambridge.
We’re already working on a great speaker line up starting in September. If you’re interested in speaking at one of our meetings, please let us know. We have tentatively lined up speakers from the following:
- Jared Spool
This list is, of course, subject to change.
BostonCHI wouldn’t exist without everyone that participates, whether it’s our members, speakers, steering committee, or sponsors. I look forward to seeing you all again in September as the Vice-Chair. Thanks again for making this such a great year.
P.S. We always want to know how we can improve things. Please let us know. Don’t be shy, but do be kind…