BostonCHI is lucky to be sponsored by a great set of companies. Without them, we would not be able to provide the programming and events that we do. Please read below for more information about them. Thank you.
|Constant Contact provides us with meeting space, food, and logistical support for our monthly meetings as well as a discount on their mailing list software.|
|IBM Center for Social Business provides us with meeting space, food, and logistical support for our monthly meetings.|
|Brightcove has been providing BostonCHI with video hosting since 2006.|
|Dreamhost has been providing us with web hosting since 2012. If you need web hosting, please consider joining through this referral link.|
|The O’Reilly User Group Program provides our members with discounts on books, ebooks, and workshops.|
|Morgan Kaufmann Publishers provides free books at our meetings and is on the lookout for the next big industry author.|
|Microsoft New England Research & Development Center provides us with a hosting venue.|
BostonCHI is always looking for help in spreading the good word of HCI, UX, and Human Factors. If you’re able to help out, that would be amazing. BostonCHI is a tax-exempt non-profit, operating as a sub-entity of the ACM. We’re happy to have sponsors help out one time or on a continuing basis.
Historically, companies have sponsored us in a few ways:
- By letting us hold meetings at their facilities, like IBM Center for Social Business or Constant Contact
- By sponsoring pre-meeting food, usually pizzam like IBM, Constant Contact, or others
- By sponsoring post-meeting networking, usually dessert, like VitaminT
- By providing a service that we use, like Chargebee or Brightcove
- By providing books and discounts for our members like Morgan Kauffman or O’Reilly Publishing
- By sponsoring the Boston Interactions winter party or summer picnic, or our irregular Professional Development Seminars
However, we don’t want you to feel limited in how you support us.
There are a number of opportunities for companies to be involved with BostonCHI. The easiest is to encourage your employees to attend our monthly meetings and other events. On a month-to-month basis, while our meeting hosts provide dinner and non-alcoholic drinks, we’re always looking for ways to spice up our offerings. One great example is sponsoring BostonCHI Desserts, our popular after-meeting snack and networking time that gives the attendees time to discuss the speaker they just heard. If you have any interest in any of the above, or if you have some creative ideas, please shoot us an email at email@example.com. Thank you for your consideration.