Thank you for agreeing to be a speaker for BostonCHI. Here’s some information about what to expect during our meeting.
- 5:30 – 6:30: Steering Committee meeting
- 6:30 – 7: Networking & food
- 7:00 – 7:15 (approximate): BostonCHI monthly business, CHIBits, etc.
- 7:15 – 8:30: Featured speaker and Q&A
- 8:30 – 9: Networking & dessert
Other things of note
- Plan 45 – 60 minutes for your talk. Our speakers generate a lot of interest and so you may want to leave appropriate time (at least 15 minutes) for Q&A.
- We’d like to video record your talk, focusing on the slides. The videos go up on our website and provide members who can’t attend the meetings a valuable resource. If some or all of your work is confidential, we understand and can either not record or edit the video appropriately.
- If you’d be willing to provide your slides, we can post them to our site for our members after the talk.
- Please try to show up around 6:30 for any needed setup. (We will just be finishing up our Steering Committee meeting then.)
- We’ll have food available. Our hosts usually provide pizza, salad, and drinks.
- The 8:30 end time for each talk is firm. Our hosts ask us to wrap things up by 9:00 sharp.
- Please let us know if you will need any help unpacking your car. We’ll also be happy to help you pack things up at the end of the night.
- The address is 1601 Trapelo Road, Waltham, MA 02451.
- Parking at Constant Contact is free and plentiful.
- Constant Contact is in the Main Building of the office park.
- The meeting will be in the Great Room on the 3rd floor. There should be BostonCHI signs.
IBM Center for Social Business/Cambridge:
- The address is One Rogers Street, Cambridge, MA 02142.
- Parking at IBM is in their garage on 1st St (signed).
- We have arranged for garage access for you.
- The meeting will be in the auditorium on the 1st (lobby) floor. There should be BostonCHI signs.
Microsoft NERD / Cambridge
- The address is One Memorial Drive, Cambridge, MA 02142.
- We’ll reimburse you for parking ($10).
- The meeting will likely be on the 11th floor. There should be BostonCHI signs.
Please contact us about anything at all.
- Elizabeth’s email is chair@BostonCHI.org
- Carolyn’s email is vice-chair@BostonCHI.org
Thanks again for volunteering to speak. BostonCHI would not exist without your efforts.
Elizabeth, Chair & Carolyn, Vice-Chair